CONDITIONS GÉNÉRALES ET POLITIQUE DE CONFIDENTIALITÉ
Terms and Conditions
1. This Competition (also referred to as a promotion) is organised and sponsored by Premier Farnell plc (the “Organiser”).
2. The application period will be open from 9 JUNE 2016 – 28 FEBRUARY 2017, 23:59 PM UK time.
3. Entries will be judged and winners selected by a panel of experts from the Organiser. Entrants who have been chosen will receive notification via email no later than 14 MARCH 2017. The winners will have 7 days to confirm receipt of notification. If the Organiser cannot contact the winner within 7 days, an alternative winner will be selected from the eligible entries that were received before the closing date.
4. No purchase is necessary to participate in the Competition
5. In order to enter this Competition, Entrants must:
- be 18 years of age or older at the date of submission of the entry, or if the entry is on behalf of a student(s) or team under the age of 18, the entry will need to be made by a parent or teacher over the age of 18; and
- not be an employee, officer or director or member of the direct family (including partners, siblings, spouse, partner, children, step parent or step child) of an employee, officer or director of any company which is a member of the Premier Farnell group or anyone associated with the running of this Competition; and
- agree that we can contact you by email or telephone to inform you about your winning
6. 10 Winners will receive US$1,000 (or the local equivalent) worth of the products that they selected to support their ideas. The items will be non-exchangeable and non-refundable. No cash alternatives will be offered.
a. In the event that any of the products are not available at the time of the announcement, or if a prize is not eligible to be shipped to the physical location of the finalist, the Organiser will make a good faith effort to substitute with a product of similar scope and value, at its own discretion.
7. By entering into this Competition, all Entrants must:
- acknowledge that all prizes are controlled by export and/or re-export laws of the United States, the European Union and the United Kingdom, as well as government agencies of other countries; and
- certify that they will not use, sell, re-export or transfer (including in-country transfers) any prize except in full compliance with all applicable governmental requirements, including but not limited to applicable economic sanctions and constraints administered by the U.S. Treasury Department and applicable export control measures administered by the U.S. Department of Commerce and U.S. Department of State, any other U.S. government agencies, and measures administered by the European Union, and government of the United Kingdom or the government agencies of any other countries.
8. Winners will be selected based on originality, innovation and technical merit at the sole discretion of the Organiser. The Judges decisions are final and we will not enter into a dialogue with regards to the merits of individual entries.
9. By submitting an entry for consideration, the Entrant:
a. authorises the Organiser to use their Personal Data (as defined in the Data Protection Act), application and any content created in relation to this promotion for the purposes of running and promoting the competition, this year and/or in subsequent years; and
b. agrees to positively participate in all publicity surrounding their participation in this competition
10. This promotion may be terminated at any time if there are, in the sole opinion of the Organiser, an insufficient number of entries, or if the applications are not of an appropriate standard for this promotion. The Organiser has the right to cancel this promotion if necessary due to circumstances outside its reasonable control. The Organiser reserves the right to make changes from time to time and the latest version of these Terms from time to time will be posted to the site.
a. The Organiser reserves the right to delegate all or any of its powers, rights and obligations arising in relation to this promotion to any group company or to a third party instructed to manage the competition on its behalf (“Associate”) and certain such rights and powers are assumed by the Organiser on behalf of itself and each Associate. Reference to “Organiser” shall be deemed to include reference to each Associate.
b. The Organiser shall have the sole discretion to disqualify (without correspondence or right of appeal) any applicant it considers to be adversely affecting the process or the operation of this promotion or to be in breach of these Terms or to be acting in a disruptive manner or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other applicant.
c. The Organiser has the right to amend or add to these Terms from time to time. Revised Terms and Conditions will be posted on the Competition Site and it is a condition of entry to this promotion that Applicants and Participants agree to comply with these Terms and, if appropriate, such Terms as amended from time to time.
d. These Terms and the operation of this promotion shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law and any claim or matter arising under these Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
12. Queries can be made in writing to Premier Farnell plc, Change the World Competition, Canal Road, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS12 2TU or by email to email@example.com
Premier Farnell plc is the subsidiary company of AVNET Inc. When we refer to “Group”, “Company”, or “we”, “our” or “us” in this notice, we mean Premier Farnell plc and each of its subsidiary companies.
Information we collect about you
In order for you to enter the Competition, we need your name, email address, telephone number and country of residence (Registration Data). We determine the purpose of collection, use and disclosure of your Registration Data and, as such, are considered the data controller of this information. We also collect website usage information using cookies (see section below on Cookies)
How we use your information
Your Registration Data and image will be stored on a third party server located in the UK and it may be used by us or any other company in the Group:
a. for the purposes of your participation in the Competition, including contacting you in the event of a successful winning entry and promoting your entry; and
b. for administration purposes; and
c. for crime prevention or detection purposes.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
To whom may we disclose your information
We may share your information with the following:
a. other companies within the Premier Farnell Group and certain third parties who provide us with services. These group companies and third parties will only use your information to provide these services or help us to improve our website or services. They will do so as our data processors and will handle your information on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions. Some of these companies may also be based in countries outside of the European Economic Area, including in the USA. When information is passed to any Contributor in accordance with the terms of this policy, that Contributor becomes responsible for safeguarding your data.
b. any companies or people that we might in the future sell our business or part of our business to.
For crime prevention, security or regulatory purposes
You should also be aware that we may pass on information to a law enforcement agency requesting it in connection with the commission of an offence, once we are reasonably satisfied as to the circumstances surrounding the request, or to comply with applicable laws and any lawful government or regulatory requests.
We take the security of your personal information very seriously. Firewall technology is used to prevent unauthorised access and servers are backed up daily, with archives stored in a secure location.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file. A “cookie” is a piece of information that is sent to your browser, which then stores this information on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies help us and deliver a better and more personalised service by for example recognising you when you return to the site and help speed up your searches.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies.
How to contact us